Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Thank you...

Thank you to all of you that have sent all the nice congratulations notes or the words of encouragement this week. It is exciting to officially be sworn in as Chico's mayor, and I am looking forward to what we can accomplish together in the coming years.

This blog is still a work in progress, but I going to be utilizing it more often to keep you updated with our City projects and events. Of course, we'll also still be getting out information in the local newspapers and the old-fashioned way: word of mouth.

I'm currently working on the budget for the next fiscal year, and I'll have more to report on that when we are further along in the process. We have a great streets project in the design phase that will make some great improvements to our City streets. Last night, the Council also adopted several of my recommendations to amend our animal ordinances so that we can more effectively handle some of the situations we face regularly. I'll elaborate on all of these in separate postings when I can, but I just wanted to take a minute to tell you all thank you and to let you know that I am working hard- along with everyone else at the City of Chico- to make this a better place to be. Give me a chance, and I know you'll see a positive difference.

Call me anytime at City Hall at (940) 644-2435 or e-mail me at jdclark.tx@gmail.com. I'm always happy to talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment